Turbo City Throttle Body

derrelw

Which ford should i take a motorcraft from?

Hi All,
Is anybody out there using a high performance throttle body for the 4.0L. I'd love to hear about any personal experiance with the Turbo City, Rubicon Express, or any other high performance throttle bodys. Are they worth the money?
Thanks,
Derrel

i heard from somebody thats been through both...they said the turbo city was good but upgaded to the RE one and likes that alot more...and the RE doesn't have a core exchange so thats a plus. I was thinking about installing the RE one. I'd liek to hear some things about them as well. I mean..its red its gotta be good. heh

CHAT

Ive heard that the Jeepers and Creepers is a good unit, and is cheap. There is a review on jeepin.com

The Jeepers and Creepers TB is $225 and you get $125 back when you send in your TB, So it's $100.

Jeepers Creepers removes the neck in the 4.0L TB so it's a straight shot all the way through. Increases diameter by about .2" at the base.

If you are running a TB spacer though, you need to have the opening to that enlarged as well or it is just money wasted. I have the Turbo city TB on top of a modified Airaid spacer, makes for some real good Horse power increase, but nothing in the low RPM/torque range is different.

And it's really all for nothin if the opening in your intake manifold is narrower than what you bolt on top of it. Easy to enlarge, though.

dremel tools can be great performanc tools... my friend was working at BJ's tire center one day... got bored, and decided to port match his Z28 heads.... worked great

Back