turn signal swith

jeeprookie

MC 2150 adapter question

When I press my brake the left turn signal light illuminates on the dash and in the front (but not in rear). Also when I turn the left signal on, all rear lights flash as if I had the hazards on.

I had my wiring checked by a trailer and hitch shop because the Jeep used to have a hitch so I figured maybe someone hooked the wires up wrong. Thats not the case, the guy said all the wiring was fine. He disconnected the rear and the problems still existed.

He said it might my turn signal switch might be bad (which is what I thought).

Anyone know how I can get to that turn signal switch? Do I have to pull the steering wheel or can I get to it by pulling the plastic cover off.

RE: Vacuum system problems

jeeprookie said:
Anyone know how I can get to that turn signal switch?
Yes
jeeprookie said:
Do I have to pull the steering wheel
No
jeeprookie said:
can I get to it by pulling the plastic cover off.
yes

And the piece of dash :lol: under the column. (this is what I did but not positive you need too)
Its been a while but I think 2 screws hold in the turn signal switch.

RE: Buying a 1999 XJ ... Needing lift suggestions

Thank you. I have been slammed this week and havent had any time so I figured I would ask you all before I dove into the project and possibly wasted my time. I appreciate it!!

RE: FINALLY got a rear brake hose for the SOA

I installed the new turn signal switch and that fixed my problem. It was pretty easy. I love this Jeep, everything looks simple and easy to do (for the most part). I installed an aftermarket cd player the other day and there was ample room behind the dash. On all my other vehicles ive owned there has been nothing but a chaos of wires and plastic behind the dash.

Thanks to the engineers for making Jeeps simple!

Back