......vacuum lines.........

jhiggins

I have a 1988 yj where the vacuum line from the transfer case to the front axle and where ever else they run have dry rotted does anyone know where I can pick up on of these vacuum harnesses? Or something I can use to make it work.....
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

jhiggins:

To save time, this issue has been visited many times. Go to search (in the JeepZ main menu on the left) type "Vacuum Lines" in the "Search For" spot and when it opens select "Show all posts". There should be several that answer your question.

If not, ask and we will help.
image-missing.png

Note: Vacuum lines can be replaced easily and vacuum looms can purchased at Jeep dealers. A lot of us have changed over to the Posi-Lok cable with very good results. Thus eliminating future vacuum problems.

To see pics of the Posi-lok, use the Binford Jeepers link below.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

if your going to use your jeep for offroading i would go with the posi-lock cable, it will cost more than the vacuum hoses but it is well worth it, because one day when you need your four wheel drive really bad, and those vacuum hoses might not be there for you. - i know from experience
image-missing.png
[addsig]

where can I get a general fix from I am going to be selling the jeep soon...cheapest, easiest, and fastest.....
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

If I were to go posi-lock where would I get the equipment to do That conversion???
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back