Want to change my plugs and get ready for winter

ZBTstang

I do not have a owners manual for my 98 TJ 4cycl. Ive never changed the plugs myself, and I am wondering, how to go about it, where they all are, how hard it is to do so, and how badly could this affect the jeep if I did happen to mess up a little?
Also im wondering which of those aditives, like fuel injector cleaner, etc should I start to add, and what really works, and whatll help for winter. Also any other ideas of what I should change out, etc would be appreciated.

go to your autozone or napa...tell them you wanna buy plugs for your jeep and you need to get them gapped or see if they come pregapped...its definetly easy just follow the plug wires back from the distributor to the engine and take them off and take a socket wrench w/ a plug spark plug wrench and take them out make sure theyre gapped and put them in

Might as well go ahead and get wires rotor cap and rotor button while you are in there. Then you have a tune up! Grab the plug wire by the cap not the wire when you pull it off or you can destroy the wire. Buy a 99 cent packet of electrical lub at auto zone or some where to place inside your plug wire cap to keep them ez to pull in the future and also keeps out water. Just do one plug at a time to keep the wires on the right plugs. Really nothing to it just go slow and watch what you are doing you will be fine. Most basic. tug

Back