Water leak in Liberty

Jbie

Hi all. When it rains I get a water leak that drips from the headliner next to the rearmost side window on the passenger side. For this to happen the front needs to be slightly higher than the back. Of coursr the dealer and body shop have not been able to find it. Things i have already done:
- repacked all through the roof bolts for the roof rack.
- sealed the rear washer nozzle
- sealed the upper brake light
- checked the drains for the moon roof, they are clear

Any suggestions?

John

My best advice is to remove the headliner and run the waterhose on the roof to see exactly where the water intrusion is from.

SteelHeadz said:
My best advice is to remove the headliner and run the waterhose on the roof to see exactly where the water intrusion is from.

Hi, thanks for the advice, but I already tried that. Interestingly enough it won't leak when i or the dealer or the body shop has a hose on it. It's almost like the car knows the difference betwen hose water and rain water.

Try going through a car wash. The spray from the nozzles on a car wash has a close simulation of rain coming down.

my liberty leaked around the upper brake light when it rained hard enough and it was parked level. it also leaked around the passenger door when parked with the passenger side higher then the driver's side

SteelHeadz said:
Try going through a car wash. The spray from the nozzles on a car wash has a close simulation of rain coming down.

I did try to run it through the car wash. I think the issue is that it is not in there long enough to start leaking.

superj said:
my liberty leaked around the upper brake light when it rained hard enough and it was parked level. it also leaked around the passenger door when parked with the passenger side higher then the driver's side

Thanks for the advice. However, I have gone so far as to replace the brake light assembly. When it still leaked i put a layer of silicone on it. No joy there, still leaks. Did the same on the washer nozzle.

john,

I'm preparing a class action suit on Jeep roof leaks and am looking for people who have leaks in their cars or trucks.

If you have a leak, especially from around the Sunroof, please contact me ASAP. My lawyers will represent you for free.

Write me at ASAP - you can reach me better at stet (symbol for at) charter.net. (Please ignore the spaces and insert the at symbol. The site won't allow me to post an email address.)

And please let your friends know about the suit.

Thanks.

Back