Well I thought it was fixed

Bullet3600

I swear once these 2 jeeps are fixed they will be sold and I will never own another jeep product ever!!!!

The 95 Chrokee Sport 4.0 auto trans is the own that drove me nuts last week. It seemed ok until the cold settled in now it won't start for anything.

You turn on the key and all the relay box does is click for hours, I have replaced each and every relay in there with new ones from Chrysler, replaced the tps, cps and still nothing it just friggin clicks. The battery is only 5 months old and I am killing that by cranking it so much so now it is being permantly jumped by the other one.

I have been thru just about everything in this manuel and I don't know what else to do, does anyone have any ideas to what this mess may be?

Thanks, Bill

ok man, first things first...

jeeps have a personality, your jeep knows you're getting frustrated, try talking to her nice, take a deep breath, count to 10, etc...

secondly, what does it do exactly? turn at all? crank but not turn over?

check your battery grounds, if they're getting corroded, you won't be getting a good enough current to make it turn (i just replaced the ground cables on my roommates grand cherokee for the same reason)

start with the basics. do you have a test light or something to check for current? see if you have power at all of the fuses in your fuse box. think through it logically, you'll get it!

Well after so much frustration I gave in. I had Jeep's Unlimited in Providence fix it. It was the ECC Computer on the front of the drivers side fender. So after all the BS and $300.00 later it is running again, at least until the next problem.

Bill

Ray at Jeep's Unlimited is excellent. I think their name on eBay is zeusjuice or something like that.

Back