what did i just buy?

jakejeeper

i just bought a new to me jeep tub. i am hoping to put it on my yj but not sure if its the same. the roll bar is the same but the hole for the gas filler neck is on the driverside like a tj and the holes in the transmission tunnel are also differnt.
im trying to track a part number and a serial number thats on a tag. im gonna try to upload some pics in a little while to.

If the gas hole is on the back near the drivers side, It's a CJ tub. If its on the side, it's a tj tub.

The cj7 tub and wrangler tub are the same deminsions. The frames are dif, you will probably(maybe) have to fab some body mounts for the rear of the tub as the yj frame has more of a hump in it near the rear tires and the cjs is flater in that area. Because the tcase and tranys are dif you will probably have to modify the trany hump with new holes, or maybe use a yj trany cover. If its a tj tub I dont know if it will work or not, no experience there. post a pic and we can let you know what it is.. The gas cap location on yj,s is on drivers side under the plate cover and so are cj,s. The tj cap is on the side of the jeep. Look at the tail gate, if it is hinged on the passenger side and swings open, its a yj. If it is hinged on the bottom and drops down like a truck tail gate it is a cj.

Last edited:
Back