What do you think about this tire?

Tug-n-pull

Swampers new TRUXUS in a 31" x 10.5" x 15" to go on my ol YJ. This tire is made here in my county so I can get a pretty good deal on a set so this is my choice. Anyone have them herd of them or know anything about them. Field report would be a big ol plus for me. Thanks Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

go fur it..... how many diffrent tires does that plant make?[addsig]

Baja Claws, Baha HP, Swamper Thoprnbirds, Swamper TSL Boggers, Swamper Truxus, and then it goes to other sorts of specility tires like for tractors and machinery. Tug[addsig]

BOGGERS???...... here is the plan.... there is a 31" bogger.... get those for off-raod driving, and then get a real cheap set (wal-mart) radial tires for street and ole tug will be set!!![addsig]

Are you sure you are a conservative? hehehehe tug[addsig]

TRXS is what I'm running........FANTASTIC tire. Quiet on the road and great on the trails. They clean out well and have plenty of siping. I think you'll be extremely happy with them. The local hardcores have been pretty impressed with them on my Jeep. :cool: [addsig]

looks pretty tough to me Haven't heard any-
thing good or bad about them so ... you could either
take that good or bad..... :-D [addsig]

Let us hear what you think about these tires, we have had a lot of people asking about them and nobody has tried them. It would be nice to finally hear a review. (good or bad)

[addsig]

My mechanic swears up and down the goodyear mt/r's are the best. He says they blow pro comp or any super swampers away.[addsig]

Yea but can you get them mt/r's for 70.00 bucks a pop? hehehehehe tug[addsig]

actually mine were $185 a piece ...........haha those are for the 35x12.50x15's.

edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 17, 2003 - 02:45 PM[addsig]

MT/R may work great on rocks, but they are not the best for deep arkansas gumbo mud, they clog up too fast, and i have seen that first hand[addsig]

MT/r's are what I am taking off my jeep. They did not do as well in the mud and Mickey Thompson Claws. I was also not happy to see them chop with 6K miles on them and the alignment being right on. This is typical in my experience with any goodyear tire...

[addsig]

Beggers can not be chosers so now the swampers are out due to none in the stock pile and I do not want to wait. Now we are going to Mickey Thompsons Baja Claws in the 31" x 11.5" x 15" and i get them for 65.00 bucks a piece. Oh well what do you do. tug

edited by: Tug-n-pull, Jun 17, 2003 - 06:26 PM[addsig]

claws are a nice tire a friend had a set for awhile they did good.but if it was me i would go with the boogers they are ass kickin!wish i would have gotten them.next time.[addsig]

Tug, I think it would be a great idea to get some Boggers for the trail and come cheapo Walmart A/Ts for the street then you get the best of both worlds good mileage on the street and great traction offroad, and you could do it for fairly cheap.[addsig]

Not the money it is a tie factor. No Truxus avalible at this time in my size. Colud be a wek could be a few months. The Claws are there and ready for me to buy and Tennessee Trail Week is only a few days away and I need to be ready. I think I will save up and get the Truxus a little later for my next set when the claws bit the dust pardon the pun! hehehe tug[addsig]

Sorry, missed the post about the swampers being out of stock. :-( [addsig]

Back