what size can I run?

suthrn98

zj clunking noise

How big of a tire can I run with a 2 inch (1.75) Budget Boost. My wife wants her ZJ to look a little more aggressive. Could I fit a 31 under these spacers, or a nice 30? I don't want to run some expensive ass A/T's Cuz the most her JEEP sees is a little mud puddle here and there on our way down dirt roads to go fishing. Anythign else we have my xj on 32's for.

RE: more on gears

i run 31's on my 96 zj with a 2" boost. when i first put it on, there was one issue though, i had to trim the inner parts of the front wheel wells as they rubbed when i turned, but other than that no problems.

My wife's cousin has a ZJ with a 2" lift and 31's. It looks pretty good, but he's never taken it offroad to the best of my knowledge.

anyone have pictures of a 2 inch budget boost kit on a ZJ on factory sized tires? Her jeep has almost new rubber, so I don't want to go buy new tires until I absolutely have to.

31" if you don't take it offroad or otherwise just leave the swaybars connected. The front tires will slightly rub the control arms at full lock using stock rims.

check out my car domain site, its all explained in there, but i got a 2" boost and 31's like i said. not too many recent pics, but there should be some good flex pics in there, and i've only rubbed once or twice and boy was i STUFFED.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bchcky

Re: RE: XJ... can it tow my YJ?

considering 30's fit stock (30x9.5 on mine) with only minor rubbing, 31's should be fine with 2" lift. If you go wider than 9.5" you should change the back spacing on the rims though.

RE: airflow restrictor link

damnit. Wonder if I get a 2" BB from Teraflex, it'd probably clear 32's. Is it easy to do? Also, I'm more concerned with my driveline angles....

So far I have a .5 - 1" t'case drop. That might help.

Back