What to buy next

xjpioneer

Well I have a problem, I am going to get ready to buy something for my jeep. I have a couple differnt options and here the are. I already have a locker in the rear and I want to put one in the front, but I got a set of 31x10.50 M/T's for my truck so it looks a little tufffer and I want to get either a bumper or the rustys XJ fender flares just to give it little more styling stuff. So what do you think I should do.
1. The front locker
2. Front Bumber
3. Rustys off road XJ cut out flares

May I suggest a 4th option... Grille guard. You mentioned wanting to "beef up" the Jeep a little bit, I think they look really pants on an XJ... Plus, I'm the kind of guy, if my front bumper's fine and unscathed, why replace it... That's just me, however.

Here's a pic of mine.

image-missing.png

Jeez, that takes me back, I've added the lower bar and moved back home since then, but you get the idea... It doubles as a light-mounting point, a front recovery point, a winch mounting point, and the install was not terribly difficult, pretty much bolt-on with the drilling of a couple holes...

Just a thought :)

i'd say a full bumper over a grille guard. chances are that if you're looking at locking both the front and rear at some point, you're going to need the protection a full bumper will give you, not just a grille guard.

Bumper. You eventually want a winch...RIGHT?!

Flares are strictly cosmetic, and as much as I love Rusty's stuff, his flairs have had issues. They flake and crack after a while, brittle.

Bushwackers or TJ flairs are my fav for flairs.

Have you done a K and N filter? That's a cheap mod. Rusty's Airtube and K and N. That's another possibilty.

By the way, if you are planning at staying with 31's the Bushwackers will make them look tiny, so scratch that if that's the case.

I'd go with a no-slip or Detroit Truetrac for the front...

OR

Armor (skid plates, rock rails, etc)

Not on the road I havent been on the trail yet, but i will soon and I will let you know

Back