what to do

jeep90

this spring my jeep will be undergoing many changes, but the most important change will be fuel delivery. right now i am running a weber and it still sucks. i am going to go fuel injection, but which way i will go to achieve fuel injection is still up in the air, so i am asking for anyones opinion on this. quadratec has a tbi system for like 1200 bones. that is a complete setup. it would be a plug and play type deal. now my jeep has 130000 on the clock. the local jeep graveyard has many fuel injected engines with less miles for aroud 350. if i yank a motor out of one of those, what else will i need to make this work besides new fuel pump/tank? im not sure if they come with the ecu and everything else, so here is my next question. if they come with absolutely nothing, could i just use my existing motor and buy a new manifold, computer, etc.....?
one more question....does anyone know where i can get a list of the parts contained in the quadratec kit? maybe i can go to the parts store and just get everything i need. what do yall think is the best way i can get some injection?

If you're running the 258 I'd get the MPFI from a newer 4.0L and run that computer. You'll need to graft on all the sensors.

If your not totaly in love with your Jeep I would trade up to one with fule injection on it and less miles. there is not a real shortage of jeeps in the world and you can make any jeep your own with a little work and a few good parts. Just a thought. good luck tug

too attached....I gave her up once and regretted it until I got her back. Im thinking that i may just buy the kit seeing as its all included, no extra parts to scrounge up at the last minute. i have read articles on it, and its about a 12 hour install. either that or just get a motor out of a 91+ and go that route. i havent read much on the 4.0 swap yet but i will check into it.

Jeep90... I'm in the same boat you are... have a YJ and Webber...
I ws thinking about fuel injection, but after looking at my intake manifold and how rusted it is, I decided against it... Maybe try getting an install manual or talk to someone who did the upgrade themselves... I know there's some write ups somewhere.
I'd personally go with the 4.0 engine swap, or just get a new YJ 91-up

If it were me I'd install a Motorcraft 2150 like Tug did and get rid of all those annoying carb characteristics. A well tuned Motorcraft will not let you down, and runs well at an incline. Spend that money on a lift, tires, or lockers.

i spent lots of money on that weber kit. if i would have known then what i know now i would have gone with the motorcraft. the thing about fuel injection is that the article i read fuel injection gave them a 70 horsepower increase. if i could get my weber to run the way it should i would probably stick with what i got. but i really dont want to get another jeep unless i can find one real cheap. too many busted nuckles with this one to just go back to square one with a new one. oh well i have a few months to decide yet.

Jeep90, i feel the same way about my webber, no noticable HP increase, no gain in fuel efficiency, no more torque, she's very touchy on "warm starts"... the only benefit i've experienced is better idle and less stalling out when i come to a stop...
wish i knew about the motocraft earlier
my buddy got the fuel injection kit... you might have to rebuild the motor before... i know he had to

The main benefit of the motocraft is the air. A weber Carb is just slightly more than stock 300 CFM'S "I think". I believe the motorcraft 1.08 size if I remember correctly is a 400 CFM's and that means alot more power and you don't have to mess with all the sensors for the fuel injection.

Back