Wheel alignment?

jeeprookie

I noticed on my Jeep that the front tires look like they are leaning in (top part of tires/wheels are leaning in). This is from a viewpoint of looking at the Jeep head on. They are not completely verticle to the road. I took it to a Jeep dealer to get the front end alligned. They did, and It seems like its driving straight but those front wheels are still leaning in. Any ideas? Im putting a lift on it soon so I want to get this worked out first. Thanks!!!

Do you have pics?

The leaning of your tire is probably, unless extremely off, where your camber is set. If you JUST went into the alignment shop, I'd go back and point that out to them. It seems like they should have mentioned that to you as that does affect tire wear. Sometimes people will adjust camber inward such as you have for performance gains of some kind or another, usually which is meant to help in cornering.

Here's an explanation of the 3 elements concerning alignment. Caster, toe and Camber: http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Man, thanks for the link. I appreciate the help. I do plan on going back to the jeep dealership and pointing that out to them. I talked to a buddy of mine at the fire department and he said the same thing you did.

If you are lifting it soon, you will need another alignment anyway. I'd use a different shop next time ;)

RE: CJ front seat risers/sliders assembely

Hi-Ya jeeprookie,

You did not tell us the model of your Jeep, and a look at your profile revealed no particulars of your Jeep.

If your Jeep is an older model with stock front suspension, you might find that there is little to adjust, beyond the toe-in setting.

If the negative camber of your front wheels seems visibly excessive, I would start looking for excessively worn or damaged front suspension components.

Regards,

Gadget

Re: RE: Re: RE: Adventures in the Gadget Cave

Wassup Felix? Man that's a lot to pay for an alignment ;)

RE: thin skin

Hey Chris,

Yeah, that would be a killer price for an alignment, enough for me to shoot the Jeep.

Well, off to Las Cruces to watch some of the Chili Challenge. I didn't get the trail I wanted today, so spectator city for me. And of course, good heavy rains to make it interesting.

Back