who has...

ajfrank43

16x8 rims on a 4-5in lifted TJ. Do you rub anything in the front when the wheels are turned all the way in one direction?[addsig]

I would have to ask why you would want 16" wheels?? Save the 16" for the trucks and get some 15". They are much more common with tire sizes we run and they are easier to sell in the future as well.

But to answer your question- I would try calling the 'The Tirerack' and ask them if they think they would fit, or possibly try their website- they have a fitment guide there too.

If they tell you that they are going to rub on the inside, it shouldn't be that big of a deal, either don't turn all the way or adjust your stops out a little bit to prevent the rub. Costs about $.35 for the washers to do it and about 10 minutes of time.

[addsig]

hey thanks for your time and info. I wanted Micky Thompson Classic II's because the 8 holes around the rim are 2.5in. on the 16x8 and on the 15x8 they are 2in. I guess I liked the look of the 16x8 better
image-missing.png
[addsig]

youll need to space out you wheels about 1.25 inches to prevent rub.

15" rims will provide better tire flex and choice, however 16's

will bring down the tire weight, your choice.[addsig]

isn't it more important to ask what size tires you're gonna be running?[addsig]

You will probably have to go a little more than 4-5 inches to run 35's without rubbing. I have a friend with a TJ that has 4 inches of suspension and 2 inches of body and runs 35's. Hope this helps Evan[addsig]

Back