Words of Old

JPNinPA

List a once popular word you may not hear anymore along with definition. Local slang counts.
P.S. - All nationalities highly encouraged.

Gnarly- difficult, dangerous or challenging.

Last edited:
Psyche

Just Kidding or faking out someone

Use to use it all the time when I was in school

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

Jinx

When two people say the same phrase at the same time.
Julie and Sara, "that had to hurt!"
Sara, "jinx. You owe me a Pepsi!"

What a swell idea.
Just last week I had someone e-mail me a response that " things look swell". I replied that everything is at its natural proportion and size.

Henna- besides the powdered leaves of a tropical tree. It was short for do you agree in NEPa Wyoming valley area.

That was funny. Henna er no?

Last edited:
Haint= a ghost. Jeepers= I think it meant wow. Like for sure= this was "Valley Girl" slang back in the 80's ( sarcasum). Hep= help. Brad= to beat to pieces of something togther. ***** bath= to wash ones face and neck off quickly in a sink because you are in a hurry. Staub= a stick in the ground like tent spike. Fit= two or more people in a fight.

There's alot that come up in everyday conversation where I live, especially if you talk to the old timers.

Bite me

To infer that you are indifferent about or disagree with another's opinion or actions.

If you don't like the way I'm dressed, you can just bite me.

List a once popular word you may not hear anymore along with definition. Local slang counts.
P.S. - All nationalities highly encouraged.

Gnarly- difficult, dangerous or challenging.

What a swell idea.

what a GROOVY thread!

cool, amazing, and yea, I still use it

Psyche

Just Kidding or faking out someone

Use to use it all the time when I was in school

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

Well this is a totally 'RAD' thread.

ate it

dude, that guy ate it, hard!

crashed or hit something accidentally

Jinx

When two people say the same phrase at the same time.
Julie and Sara, "that had to hurt!"
Sara, "jinx. You owe me a Pepsi!"

Just last week I had someone e-mail me a response that " things look swell". I replied that everything is at its natural proportion and size.

Henna- besides the powdered leaves of a tropical tree. It was short for do you agree in NEPa Wyoming valley area.

That was funny. Henna er no?

Haint= a ghost. Jeepers= I think it meant wow. Like for sure= this was "Valley Girl" slang back in the 80's ( sarcasum). Hep= help. Brad= to beat to pieces of something togther. ***** bath= to wash ones face and neck off quickly in a sink because you are in a hurry. Staub= a stick in the ground like tent spike. Fit= two or more people in a fight.

There's alot that come up in everyday conversation where I live, especially if you talk to the old timers.

Bite me

To infer that you are indifferent about or disagree with another's opinion or actions.

If you don't like the way I'm dressed, you can just bite me.

The Bees Knees - the best or greatest

Your new rides I the bees knees.

What ta f--k have ya all lost your tin foil hats.

Back