Worth Buying???

DMENTAL

Wondering what you jeeper's thoughts are on this rig?

Found it for sale here and was wondering if it was worth 3K

Just wanted your thoughts...

Thanks

Is the price good for someone who wants to buy?

79 CJ Restoration project

[addsig]

I honestly wouldn't buy a CJ5 even if it wasn't damaged and then repaired. You can find a nice CJ5 cheaper and in better condition. -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Well at the very least this guy seems like he's being honest... the pictures are fairly vague though, I think that you will have to get a good look at this one up close to make sure that it is ok structurally and mechanically.

I don't think that 3k is a bad price for a CJ in fair condition... but knowing this jeep's history wouldn't help the sale I.M.H.O.

jim[addsig]

Personally, I wouldn't buy that jeep for 5 bucks. With the kind of hell its been through, you would be buying into more problems then you could shake a stick at. 3000? I think this poor kid is out of his mind. I got my CJ5 for 2 grand with 75k and absolutely no problems except body rust. Keep looking, you will find one. [addsig]

I really did not think it was worth 3K.

With the repairs and frame work and stuff...

But I was really curious what others thought..

If I was this person selling it... I would not sell it because of the work I put into it... and I don't think the $$$ gotten from the sale would help much for college...

Would anybody make a offer on this? Or is this person going to have to give it away!?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

8 grand !!!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
holy crap.....ou could have put a 350, dana 60 and lockers and built a real capable rock crawler fopr that much...well maybe.....olol[addsig]

Along these same lines I was wondering how much a 76 cj7 with no rust and a decent 304 v-8 would go for. It has lockers on the front and the back and they are activated from the cab. It's got full-time four wheel drive also.

Thanks[addsig]

Back