XJ Gear's to YJ??

geronimo_e

Hi, I have a friend that has a 86 4 cyl XJ jukedup, and sell's me his front diferential with the 4.11 gears for $50 bucks. Here's the cuestion :?: , Can I fit them (R&P and Case) in to my Dana 30 diferential?? Are they compatible? Thank's a lot for your help... , i'm really interested in this offer, is it a good one?? :? by the way, I have an 88 6 cyl YJ with stock 3.07 gears and 31" tires....

TJ FLL HARD DOORS CHEAP

if they are both dana 30's they should fit without any problem... but you would be better off finding a pair of complete axles if you want to go 4.10

Your YJ D30 has reverse cut gears, meaning the pinion is above the centerline of the axleshafts. Make sure the XJ axle is too, then it will work.

You'll need 4.10 in the rear too.

HELP PLEASE

:D Yea I now, im goig to stay off 4wd till I match up the rear one (is that a bad idea?? coud I still blow the tranfer case??) , I'd also love to just swap from a 4cyl YJ but in mexico its hard to find one, and the only one i have seen after a lot lot lot of looking wants $400 for each axel :shock: when replacing everithing do you recoment using my old shims to avoid extreme adjusments??? :?: Thanks a lot, I'm getting them tomorrow... probably put a picture up...

Back