YJ Lift

blazntn

What is the biggest lift I can run on a YJ with a Slip Yoke Eliminator and other expensive changes?

you mean without? well,if you mean without, i'd say 5" is your best bet.

Rear trac bar to keep or not to keep

I just did a 4in and thats really pushing it even with the pinon adusters you still need to run a transfercase lowering kit

4 inches seems to be the breaking point, some go with it, some without... I would think you could get away with 4 inches... 5 is a different story.

i have a friend with the pro comp 5" ciol conversion and he doesnt have an SYE kit. But I'm sure he wants one. I's say 4" too then.

Get a SYE. Great on the trail if you break the rear drive shaft, u can just pull it and drive out in FWD. But if you dont have a SYE you have to plug up the tcase and spill fluid all over the trail. A SYE will also let you run a belly up skid plate. But if your going the cheaper route, go with no more than a 4".

What if you have a 4 inch lift and no SYE...do you have to worry about pullin out the yoke if you get some good flex??

4-4.5" lift is it. Have a few running with a 3.5" lift and 1" shackle and they have no problem but I would not go any further than that

Chrome bumper and grill guard

WranglrWhat94 said:
What if you have a 4 inch lift and no SYE...do you have to worry about pullin out the yoke if you get some good flex??
You'll need the transfer case drop and degree wedges that come with the kit, and you'll be fine.

When flexing, the pinion pretty much stays at the same elevation as one side of the axle goes up and the other down. It's when both wheels drop at the same time that there could be a problem, but that's rare and easily avoided.

Back