07 jk cooloing sensor

boat567b

Can any one hepl ? Last week i lost power batt. Loose now temp gauge says hot but inferred gauge says 198 to 205 degrees . Witch is fine .. Could this have made temp sensor on intake bad /// giving false reading .. When engine off and cooled temp gauge stays stright up . As it would b at normal running temp then as it heats up it goes over just above hot witch is teeling me its like the gauge is half off . When it is cold it does not go all the way down to c any time .. Thanks for the info guys ..

Check the lead(wire) coming off the sensor for good connection check the wire for its condition and not broken/cracked. If still reading funny change the sensor. Go from there.

297682-1.jpg

1.Remove air cleaner assembly .2.Partially drain the cooling system.3.Disconnect the electrical connector (2) from the engine coolant sensor (1).4.Remove the sensor from the intake manifold.

If the wires are okay, the next thing to do is to actuate the gauge with a scantool to verify if it's getting stuck internally. Try pushing the odometer button and cycle the ignition to the run position 2 or 3 times(i don't remember) but this will run a self test on the cluster.

You can disconnect the battery for about a half hour and reset the computer to see if this helps also!

Back