1951 wagon for sale.

mackdogman

I live in SC and have a chance to trade for a 1951 wagon. I was just wanting to get some ideas on what you guys think it may be worth. It doesn't have a motor or trans and the guy said it used to be 4x4 but not anymore. Not sure what that means but Im going to go look at it tomorrow an see how bad it really is. I already have a CJ7 that Im knee deep in a frame off restore but I have always loved these wagons especially with a lift kit and big tires. Here a a few pics I have.

image-2504024232.jpg

image-3120609775.jpg

image-935243392.jpg

image-438907558.jpg

I say buy it, make it run and drive. Leave the outside just the way it is ( don't even wash it), put a nice set of 35's on it with old white spoke wagon wheels that are kinda rough looking ( a little rust and some grease with brake dust). Make sure the wheels have the back spacing reversed to the outside that are 10" wide. Yep, that would command attention anywhere you went.

On a side note if you do buy it and it has the other 3 hub caps with it like on the drivers side rear please gather them up and put them in a box and send 'em to me. They'd look awesome on my '46 Plymouth business coupe!

Ok this wagon has a straight axle under the front, looks like an old ford axle. The guy says someone took the drive axle out and replaced with this one to make a street rod. With that said with all the rust and then finding a donor chassis like a K5 for axles, steering & suspension whats it worth? $600? or more. Clear title & straight body just rust in usual places.

I dont know much about these other then that they look really nice restored. I wouldn't trade your jeep for it but $600 seems like a nice amount. It will cost more then that if your looking to fix it up though (which i recommend).

No I'm keeping my CJ and trying my best to keep it original as I can. It would be a nice progect but I have my hand full with my CJ. I was going to trade a rifle for it. Its one I don't use much but I guess I will keep it. Thanks for all the input guys.

Back