2.4 wont fire

I changed the crank, put in a new flywheel sensor, and now I cant get it to fire .

Some more details would definitely help with an answer. Changed the crank?? Why?....... What was it doing to cause you to change the crank? It's the 2.4 so it's '03-'07, I'm guessing. Getting fuel? Was it throwing codes before the crank change? Details, details, details....................needed.

The jeep was used in a Teak plantion here in Belize Centrel America ,I bought it with a low end knock , found a crank in a sister engine and put it in along with new bearings , I never checked the codes as it was running smooth. I the sent to the USA for the chiltions manaual has not arrived yet . I use the CJ s and Wranglers to do Jeep Jungle adventure trips in the Cockscomb basin wildlife sanctuary, I found some 87 chorkees with factory installed Izzu diesels if I can transplant one of them it might solve the problem. Captain Jack

Last edited:
My guess is you just haven't hooked something back up. Crank Position Sensor being the first thing that comes to mind.

yes iit is hooked up and I put a new one in ALSO. BUT I will check it again, Now looking for a cracked broken wire .

I'm with currupt...........gotta be some wiring/electrical/sensor/computer - type problem.

Man, sometimes I really miss the "good old days" when computers didn't rule our lives (and our vehicles). Good luck.

Back