2.5 valve cover spacer needed

RAVEN13xxx

I am having a small problem finding a valve cover spacer for my 97 2.5. I'm looking to put a set of roller rockers on it, and Mopar Performance says they will work, but need a spacer for the cover to fit. They make the rockers for the 2.5 but not the spacer. What can I use for a spacer?? I'm out of ideas. Thought of double gasketing it, but it is still not high enough.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Probably a sheet of aluminum and a jig saw would be your best bet, finish it up a bit with a file and drill as needed. Masking the Aluminum before cutting will save alot of scratches and scuff marks. I often visit the local metal shops and raid the scrap bins. They often let you have leftover pieces for the price of scrap about 25 cents a pound.

Roller rockers will probably get you a few more RPM´s and help it rev a little faster. But don´t forget there are some other peices in there that won´t last long above about 4500 RPM.[addsig]

Or if you're not comfortable with making your own spacer, take the VC to your local machine shop/fabricator and they'll make one up for you. Usually for a lot less than you would expect too.[addsig]

Just so I don't leave ya'll hangin'. Gifford has the spacer I need. I hope to order it tomorrow.[addsig]

Back