2.5L TBI on Steriods?

90growler

OK...so she has a weak engine. What can I do to increase power with a throttle body injection? Any Ideas other than getting rid of it (which I will eventually do)?

Underdrive pullies, highflow exhaust and filter and I think thats about it, I know a while back I read an article about an intertia ring but that doesnt give you more power just increases amount of recipricating mass which in return will give more torque kinda untill you fall below a certain point in the engine rpm range then it will actually cost. For most part your limited unless you go with gears but that doesnt increase power but will help out. Also if for some reason you have a/c which i doubt you can remove the compressor that frees up drag, and will also save you some weight. Also along with weight if you have a hard top switch to soft. I know that my 2.5 perfomed a lot better with the soft top. Also git rid of the back seat, carpet etc it doesnt sound like a lot but every bit counts

bajaxj said:
Underdrive pullies, highflow exhaust and filter and I think thats about it,

Naw, that's not all. Electric fan, throttle body spacer, 4.0 throttle body swap, pull the air intake restrictor, hotter spark plugs and coil, performance cam, synthetic oil in engine, transmission, and diffs......more that I can't think of right now.

whats does the throttle body spacer do exactly?

Last edited:
Can only use a throttle body spacer on '91-'95. I agree you can do all of those thisnks sparky if you have atleast a "91. I have a "90 with throttle body injection not multi-port. I think it is alot more limited to what can be done. I did have A/C and I did take out the compressor....wasn't fun re-routing my belts.

90growler said:
Can only use a throttle body spacer on '91-'95. I agree you can do all of those thisnks sparky if you have atleast a "91. I have a "90 with throttle body injection not multi-port. I think it is alot more limited to what can be done.

Oh, ok, I missed that part. But why can't you still do the electric fan, hotter spark plugs and coil, performance cam, synthetic oil in engine, transmission, and diffs?

Back