2.5L w/ A/C belt posibilities

BOWZ

hello, did a search with no luck. i have a 2.5L with a/c, the clutch is going out and living in alaska i don't need a/c, can i just buy a belt from napa that is ment for a 2.5L without a/c and be fine and dandy? i would imagine that the belt is ran the same just shorter, or is there a pully that would go inplace of the a/c compressor? thanks in advance.

bowz

xt master thanks! and its only a month old. guess i need more work once again on this search. haha i do pretty well over on cummins forum. guess i need to spend more time with this. thanks again

bowz

hello, did a search with no luck. i have a 2.5L with a/c, the clutch is going out and living in alaska i don't need a/c, can i just buy a belt from napa that is ment for a 2.5L without a/c and be fine and dandy? i would imagine that the belt is ran the same just shorter, or is there a pully that would go inplace of the a/c compressor? thanks in advance.

bowz

Just out of curiosity, but since you have the compressor and dont want to run AC, why not convert the compressor for on-board-air and keep the belt as it is? It will not be so expensive to do the conversion, and I have found OBA to be VERY useful!

Just out of curiosity, but since you have the compressor and dont want to run AC, why not convert the compressor for on-board-air and keep the belt as it is? It will not be so expensive to do the conversion, and I have found OBA to be VERY useful!

because the clutch was seizing up

ya, when i was doing my search on removing the a/c i found out a lot about this. very interested. mabe worth wile adding into my 4bt build. not really sure how it works, gonna look into it. thanks again!

bowz

Back