2006 wrangler trackbar

B-Mac

I recently have been trying to straighten out some DW problems and decided to replace the trackbar bushing. In the process of removing the trackbar I ripped the grease boot. After trying unsuccessful to find a replacement I decided to just replace the bar with a Moog trackbar. My problem is that I had already drilled the bushings of the old one out to 7/16 and replaced the bolt to get the underlined bolt out and eliminate the travel on the axle side. But I just can't get a drill bit to bite on this Moog bushing. Do you guys have any suggestions. I've tried a craftsman cobalt, a Dewalt titanium and cobalt and none will bite. I even called a couple of machine shops and they wouldn't even vomiting to being able to do it. Am I stuck using the old undersized bolt?

B-Mac said:
I recently have been trying to straighten out some DW problems and decided to replace the trackbar bushing. In the process of removing the trackbar I ripped the grease boot. After trying unsuccessful to find a replacement I decided to just replace the bar with a Moog trackbar. My problem is that I had already drilled the bushings of the old one out to 7/16 and replaced the bolt to get the underlined bolt out and eliminate the travel on the axle side. But I just can't get a drill bit to bite on this Moog bushing. Do you guys have any suggestions. I've tried a craftsman cobalt, a Dewalt titanium and cobalt and none will bite. I even called a couple of machine shops and they wouldn't even vomiting to being able to do it. Am I stuck using the old undersized bolt?

Would the moog track bar be made out of a stronger metal by any chance?

Evidently much stronger. I did get it mounted, but had to scale the bolt down from 7/16 to 10mm. It seems to be working out. I am still a little amazed that noone, including a machine shop, seems to be confident that it can be drilled.

B-Mac said:
Evidently much stronger. I did get it mounted, but had to scale the bolt down from 7/16 to 10mm. It seems to be working out. I am still a little amazed that noone, including a machine shop, seems to be confident that it can be drilled.

They proubly just didn't want to say they can do it and not deliver

Back