2007 jk

boat567b

I have a 2007 jk why when it gets cold out i can not shift . Into 4 high /low or move transfer shifter at all .. At one time maybe water .. But if thatys the case everyboby would have this ?? But if i let it run for 5 min its ok . . . Now i just got back in town after 10 days jeep was never mover went out today to go ... 5 inch snow can not get it in 4 wheel .. Okm now i have had all fluids changed twice in the last year.. And i have never had it in water except going down the road ,,, any help pain in the --- . ((((((( IS THIS NORMAL )))))

Last edited:

I believe those use a cable. One of the cable seals may be damaged. Possibly got water in cable.

Yes they do have cable i was going to put new cable on // but was told they are a bit-- to change dont look that bad to me ?

You can verify it's the cable by crawling under it when it won't shift. Pop the cable off the t-case and move it by hand. That will eliminate t-case from the possible problems.

Yes i dont think its the case because when it does this i can start it let it warm up alittle and its fine ... Like it warms the cable up then moves smooth

Ya. Cables are not the greatest in reliability. They are nice and smooth but some oil or other damage can damage the seal. And the seals just wear out.

Back