2007 wrangler photo's

Unfortunately I took the mag to work already. I remember that the axle tubes were stronger in the 44. I think the transmission was supposed to be beefier and the transfer case was the NV241. Seems that the driveshafts were different as well, but would still require upgrading.

I read somewhere else that they are canceling the diesel on the Liberty because the diesel they are using won't pass regs. The larger diesels available in the Mercedez Benz and coming in the Grand Cerokee are different diesel engines.

Federal regulations for diesel; engines are going to be more like Europe's regs. The sulfer content (a lubricant for the engine) in the fuel at the pump will be much lower. All diesel engines built in 07 or later will have stricter emissions regulations and will not be able to run on the "old" diesel without it clogging up the exhaust and other emissions parts. This has made them more expensive to make and many companies are weighing they're marketability at higher prices.

I'm glad I bought an 06 deisel when I did. The mechanic at the VW dealer told me they do not expect to see 07 TDI's at all.

I'm pretty upset about the regulations. They are nothing more than worthless efforts to show that the government is doing things to make the earth greener. It's retarded and a waste of everyone's money, not to mention it will slightly affect fuel consumption as the fuel will make diesels run slightly less efficient.

Don't you think we should be trying to squeeze every single MPG out of autos that run on gas and deisel instead of these supid emmissions laws? Our crisis is our reliance on foreign oil, not global warming (which is a crock of shiitake).

meanwhile I'm buying "low sulfer deisel fuel" that costs more to make and is less efficient. Well the politicians will be able to pat the tree huggers on the head and let them know we are all doing our part to hug mother nature. Pardon me while I go toss my cookies.

by the way, when I said a waste of everyone's money I meant it. Although most of you don't own deisels, many of the goods you buy are shipped on deisel trucks or deisel engined trains. The cost of shipping goods going up means the cost of the goods themselves go up.

Carry on

I like the fenders on the 07. Take them off and toss em, effectively making the body narrower like the front of an FJ40.
07's are supposed to have thicker axle tubes. larger ring gear and larger steering joints. I don't know what is up with the driveshafts. The picture I saw made it look like they were CV joints like a front wheel drive car has.
They better hurry up with the Gladiator pickup or one of these 4 doors is gonna end up at my house.

Back