2007 Wrangler Preview

There's always Paragon and Rausch Creek :D

Hey... I am near those:idea: What a coincidink :?

Might I mention I have a trailer that is a cooker/smoker? Can U say Pit Beef? Pit ham? Pulled chicken cooked with applewood... and my Chili is second to none :twisted:

Sorry Utah, couldn't resist.

I must say that you, Utah Jeepster, are without a doubt a most highly skilled begger! That was truly a great display. I only wish I thought of it first! :)

jumppr said:
I must say that you, Utah Jeepster, are without a doubt a most highly skilled begger! That was truly a great display. I only wish I thought of it first! :)

Thank you jumppr, was kind of working for it ;)

Now to the peanut gallery.
Now Lisa hasn't said no yet so wait your turn! :p

If anyone here gets a perk like that, it should be Terry. I also hope Terry has a free subscription to that magazine considering all of the advertising it has gotten on his website.

Junkpile said:
If anyone here gets a perk like that, it should be Terry. I also hope Terry has a free subscription to that magazine considering all of the advertising it has gotten on his website.

Terry who?:???:

j/k:lol:

I'm almost done with mine, I'll send it to him when I'm finished! (That is if he'll pay a small shipping and handling fee of $39.95.)

So... is this it???

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

4 door version?:
image-missing.png

Still hoping to see more info/pics and find out if you can get the the CRD in it...

Removeable fenders... like it.
32" tires... like it.
Looks... it'll take some warming up but I was imagining a lot worse.

So... is this it???

Being media, I'm not allowed to say. :rolleyes: But you can check our site in less than 10 hours and get the full boat on the new Wrangler.

At 12:01 tonight, go to:

http: //jweb.jrations.com/landing_web.php

Junkpile said:

Terry has been very generous in posting our news release in the Links section of this site and letting me talk with the members on this forum. We're not offering subscriptions yet, so I don't have any to hand out. I haven't had a chance to contact all the people who should be receiving comps, because keeping up with this launch is very demanding. We're dancing as fast as we can! :)

Please know that we're doing the best we can with the limited funds we have. If J Rations is going to grow wings and fly so the Jeep community can have an alternative publication, we need to get word-of-mouth publicity—based only on the quality of our magazine, not propaganda. In short, we're not Primedia. Money is extremely tight, and it is the support of enthusiasts that will ultimately give people a choice in magazines.

I don't mean to sound sorry for myself...it's just the reality of publishing when you're an independent, which we are.

I am not sure I like that laid back front...too liberty-ish?
Stiffening the frame can have its draw backs, if your running larger tires like I do 35's and above glaze cracking could be an issue down the road due to the less frame wrapping.
I have repaired a lot of larger trail rigs that have had glaze cracking around the steering box and pivot points. I guess we will have to see here, it might be a good thing.
The removable fenders is an nice option but if your fenders flares are not there, what takes the initial hit on the trail? I guess we will be seeing a lot of new jeeps driving home with a fender flare off due to a crunched quarter panel. Well we should say see a lot more...done that trick once.
I really love that interior there. Clean and functional. I hope that the top was there new GPS system under that little lid. Been thinking of dropping 8 bills on my pumpkin for it.

I guess I will have to go down and test drive one since I don't think Lisa's editor is going to go for my latest proposal.

Yeah, if that's it, it could have been worse. It looks a little too smooth and flat for my taste, and I don't care for the front bumper. Plus all Jeep fenders are removable, all you need is a big rock :lol:. I do like how the turn signals are in the grille again.

The real proof will be in the puddin, Dana 35's?, slip yolk? and what can you get without "slipping" into the 30K range.

30K for a Jeep is miles beyond retarded.

You know what would be really nice, a little vent by the go pedal that would allow you to blow conditioned air up your pants leg for when you have the top and doors off.

OutOfStep said:
30K for a Jeep is miles beyond retarded.

Agreed.:roll:

OutOfStep said:
You know what would be really nice, a little vent by the go pedal that would allow you to blow conditioned air up your pants leg for when you have the top and doors off.

My old '76 Datsun PU had that....well, sorta. It was a rusted out hole in the floorboard that not only blew air up my pantleg, but also mud, water, and pretty much anything else I happened to be driving through!:purple: :-| :(

TwistedCopper said:

There is just something wrong about the shape and dimensions of that front grill, besides the backward slope.....compared to the CJ, YJ, and TJ, it's different....bad different. Too short? That might be it.....just the overall shape and look are wrong.:(

EDIT: Ok, I think I figured it out. I think the hood is wider and doesn't come down to a flatter fender like the other models, making the whole thing either wider or taller or both....just too rectangular for my taste.

Last edited:

Sparky-Watts said:
It was a rusted out hole in the floorboard that not only blew air up my pantleg, but also mud, water, and pretty much anything else I happened to be driving through

I usually put my foot out the door onto the rails in the summer to get an underwear evaporative cooler, works pretty good, but sometimes bugs and debris ends up in bad places :lol:

OutOfStep said:
I usually put my foot out the door onto the rails in the summer to get an underwear evaporative cooler, works pretty good, but sometimes bugs and debris ends up in bad places :lol:

Yuppers....been there, done that!!:purple:

Call me crazy but I think I like it... as for what we know so far. Maybe I've been driving my XJ too long but the styling looks better than what I thought it would have. SImilar to the Libby in the front, yeah, but the Libby's headlights stick up above the hood (except the renegade) and I definately don't like that look. It's a far design from the CJ but I like the boxy look (always have).

I said a while back if they offered the CRD in them then I'd buy one and from what I see I think I still feel that way, but I'd have to see and drive it first.

I still want another YJ though.

That removeable panel hardtop looks sweet!

Last edited:
Back