3.5" BDS or 4" RE?

hoobness

RE: Motorcraft Carb questions

Hi
RE is 599 free shipping now @ Jeepin.com, and BDS is $635 + shipping.

Ive read the forums here and everyone likes both, but Im thinking BDS bcause it has the warranty. The RE is very tempting because of everything it includes. Tough.

Also, I will be installing it myself on my 87 wrangler that has been in NH snows and rusting since 87. (Im replacing the floors in the spring) I talked to a guy around here who wants $700 to put it on -yea right. He says its going to be a B*!ch to do. I have done an engine rebuild and swap so I feel Im mechanically competent (no?) I plan on renting an air wrench, Ill need it. I recently redid the front hubs, went through 4 craftsman (gotta love the lifetime warr.) 18" breaker bars trying to get off the big axle nuts... Anyway that experience tells me Im in for a week or 2 of hell and broken bolts.
I read these posts and you guys make it seem so easy ( 3hrs and a case of brews! haha) SO.. should I relax or fear the worst? And what about the kits? RE or BDS?
thanks!

i got a bds for 580 thats with shocks. but that a 02. and i talk to the guy on friday and it was at my house by monday. OK to CA bobs (405)799-8977

I have an RE on my jeep cj and it works great! Very complete and easy to follow instructions. Rides good on the road and performs excellant offroad. You will be pleased with the RE. I hear the BDS are good kits but I have zeo experiance with them.

RE: Paragon Feb 19th

I ordered a Hell Creek 4" TJ complete lift today it was only $499 (shipping included)... I think a cj or yj was about $425... (I hear they make their own leaf springs and put them into whatever kit they sell, Rough Country I guess) ...www.hellcreeksuspensions.com

I ordered from them because they are cheap and close to Louisiana .. and I should have it by this weekend...ready to install

If I had the money I wanted a Skyjacker...

RE:

2 off the best kits out there. either one should make you happy, and the RE does have a great warrenty too..

The BDS is going to have a better quality leaf spring than the RE (standard duty). If you were looking at their Extreme Duty kit I could not say the same with confidence.

That said, my buddy runs the RE Standard 2.5 lift and it rides great. It didn't flex great but they were still pretty new so ..... ?

I had the 3.5 BDS on my old YJ and it was awesome. A little stiff at first, but when they broke in she rode and flexed like a champ.

TOugh call. Let us know which route you go

I run Rusty's 3.5" kit, that he know advertises as a 4" kit, and I'm real happy with it. We bought two at the same time and got a break on price, and neither kit has had a problem.

If you get the RE, get the Doetsch-Tech 3000 shocks, they should be standard but I'd doublecheck.

RE is $599 with free shipping? I would go with RE (if it's extreme duty). I think that's usually an $800 kit or something like that.

RE: Ordered TJ lift today..questions remain

GaryMB said:
RE is $599 with free shipping? I would go with RE (if it's extreme duty). I think that's usually an $800 kit or something like that.
That is the price for the standard duty, not the X Duty.

Still, at $599 shipped with DT3000 shocks that's a good deal.

Back