4.0L Computer

evecentral

I have a 1993 jeep wrangler with 4.0L motor and manual Transmission? just wondering if any one had a computer for the model for sale. And, does anyone know the procedure to remove the computer and were its located thanks Bryan. I'm figuring my computers gone bad because im pulling up a ton of voltage sensor codes for like all of my sensors. and of course the jeeps runs alwful. anyone with this problem :-? [addsig]

Run (drive) over to autozone and have them connect the diagnostics computer onto your Jeep. Let me know what they tell you and I will try to help you out a bit better then.Don't buy the computer yet because you won't be able to return it if that is not the problem. -Al [addsig]

Before you do anything else did you try to reset / recalibrate the thing?

The same as happens to your computer and you use the magic key stroke of [ALT] [CONTROL] [DELETE]. Since here you do not have a keyboard just disconnect the battery terminals (both of them) wait for at least 10 minutes till all the capacitors will be discharged and all the parasite voltages will disappear.

Reconnect the battery terminals and try to start.
The jeep may act funny for some kilometer since the computer has to "learn" some parameters that he does not have.

Try it. It is your cheapest try yet.
Alon

[addsig]

thanks for the advise i tried it did run differnt but still alful i pulled the coders again and it jutst reads out high and low voltage to all senosors. I tried pulling the sensor plugs while it was running but nothing changed the way it was running almost like they werent even doing anything. Im pretty sure i need a computer let me know if anyone can help.[addsig]

Try to clean the relay slots especially the ASD (Auto Shut Down) relay slot.
Few more things are:
1) Clean the connector that goes from the computer to the sensors, check if it is connected properly.
2) Check the voltage if it is steady if the regulator is bad or defective the voltage is fluctuating something that will annoy the computer.

Make a note what are the failures other then sensors?
Alon
[addsig]

man your really helpful look foward to trying it tommorow wheres the regulator and how do i check it? And have yo0u had thiis problem befor?
thanks alot...[addsig]

Back