4wd low

Dont leave ho,e with out it. It is a simple to build cabe lock and unlock (posi lock system) see the wright up here. The best investment I have found for my jeep. I did mine for like 30.00 bucks. Good luck tug[addsig]

Wow, cool mod. I figure it will probably take about a 4 hours to do, huh. I'll have to save that for a free weekend. Tjanks for the info.-Al[addsig]

I have an 01 TJ and you definitely put it in neutral before going into 4wd low. The first time i did it my auto transmission made some funny buzzing noises and i couldn't move at all. I tried messing with the transmission and i eventually fixed it by putting it into neutral. I dont think any damage happened, oh well. [addsig]

This is a good thread for a new jeep owner but ya'll are killing me. SO many different ways of doing this.

My new Jeep came with a video and stuff, I distinctly remember it saying you could shift into 4wd while in gear, going about 4mph. Why would that change year to year? Didn't someone just post that you had to be in neutral? I have tried mine while running a couple times and it was fine, no buzzing or dinging.[addsig]

When i get to the trail I go ahead and shift into 4 HI and drive on unlocked due to the home amde Posi Lock deal OK. Now if the trail gets rough I drop in the 4 LO with the short shifter. I am still unlocked or in 2WD LO. Now if I have any slip and need 4wd lo or hi all I have to do is pull the lever mounted under my dash to lock the front hubs in. Am I makeing sence here. Ok now I get thru the rough spot and need to make a tight turn and it is dry and or rocks. Rather than ahve the front end bind up and hop I just release the front hubs with the same lever into 2WD Lo and make the turn. Shift in and out of 2WD to 4WD and back as the need arises. This is a very cool thing and makes trailing in mixed conditions a snap. This is not a mod I cam up with it came from the good folks that post here at Jeepz.com. I only wish I could take the credit. One other point it saved me from buying a Vacumm motor that went bad on the front axel. Not a bad mod for 30 bucks. Thanks again to all who helped me get this done. Tug[addsig]

I think I'll just sit back and watch this one go by. I should be in the negative 101 class. Still glad I found this group, will help me learn I'm sure. :-O [addsig]

When I'm wheeling I am usually in 4wd high because I like to hit hills and mud with some speed. I always check out how deep the mud is though so I don't mess up my jeep. My friends call me crazy for goin so balls to the wall but I guess it's just a jeep thing those yota boys wouldn't understand.[addsig]

Its hard for me to shift into 4w-anything because i have to get out of my jeep and lock the hubs . . hehe :-O :-D :-O :-D :-O [addsig]

Its hard for me to shift into 4w-anything because i have to get out of my jeep and lock the hubs . . hehe :-O :-D :-O :-D :-O [addsig]

if you have a manual disconnect.. or even manual hubs.... welding the diff for a lincoln locker can be a very useful way to get some more traction[addsig]

Hmmmm .. . well thanks for the advice snitty. . . not sure what it means, but thanks . . lol, maybe one day when i get some more knowledge about jeeps . . . well cars in general, ill take your advice. . hehe :-O :-D :-O :-D :-O [addsig]

Back