4x4 light no workie

kcash

I dont think this is a big deal-i-o but my 4x4 light no longer comes on when the drive is engaged, any thoughts. Although the jeep 4x4 drive clearly works b/c I've drivin it in the rain and mud A LOT this last week. I'm figuring the bulb's out but its just odd b/c its always kicked on since I've owned the jeep (coming up on year anniversary)

btw-91 Cherokee XJ 4x4, 4.0L

Does your XJ have the vacuum disconnect mechanism on the passenger side of the front axle?

RE: WANTED: 1 inside door handle for full doors 93YJ

dude I have no idea I better crawl under there when I get off work, is it possible I knocked it loose when I was changing the brakes. I dont think I did but I may have, I'm very thorough about making sure everything goes back exactly like it came apart.

You probably have an electrical connector on you transfer case that turns the light on, at least mine does. Look for a loose connector, push them in to make sure they mate.

Unless it's the 231, then it's likely at the front axle. XJ's are funny in that some had disconnects and some didn't, not like the YJ where every last one had the front axle disconnect.

RE: CV boot replacement

See I shouldn't open my mouth when I don't have a clue. Mine is a 231 and I had to replace it a while back, that's only how I knew about the connector.

Back