6in Full Traction suspension lift

JeepNaked

Just purchased the afore mentioned! Anybody have any experience with the full traction long arms? Im suuuuuper stoked! Its all coming together nicely.......

Well, originally it was max 32s, but that was when i planned on a 4in terraflex long arm. Seems like 35s are standard with a 6 in lift, but it seems a bit much to me. Ill probably stick with 32s and see how they work out, considering i already bought them anyways. The reason for the change in kits and heights is just convenience. The terra flex kit, new was 2200, i bought this kit off a guy on craigslist. The seller was really the tri link rear, and the bolt on application because I plan on installing it myself. And it was cheaper, at only 1700 for the complete kit. The story goes, it was only run twice, and dude had to sell the jeep, buyer didnt want the lift, so left it behind for seller to sell. The parts are in great condition, and barely look run at all.

This is the kit as it lies on my floor. The misc little parts are in a bucket out of the pic.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110405_131204.png
    ForumRunner_20110405_131204.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 2,562
32s? On a 6" lift?? You could EASILY fit 35s, possibly bigger - I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't throw a 1" body lift on and run 37s - and you might not even have to do the body lift. Hell, run tube fenders, trim the rear and you might be able to fit 40s. Of course...your axles might not be up to it. But the point is a 6" lift on 32s will look weird. But it's your Jeep, you can do what you wish. Just handin' out some advice.

Also, my concern with buying a 'used' lift kit like that would be that you might be missing some miscellaneous hardware or bits that you won't find out about until you start installing stuff. If you're not planning on going above 32-33" tires I personally think you would have been better off getting a 4" X-Flex lift from Rough Country for about $1100 IIRC for a long arm and using the extra money for some tube fenders or rocker guards or something else, but that's just me. Good luck with the lift, be sure to post pics after it's done.

I stand corrected, the 4" long arm by RC is actually $1600 it seems, but I stand by my argument.

i do really want tube fenders. 35s is what seems like the norm on a 6 in lift, but ive never seen one up close. I have seen some on videos here and there, and it just seems to me like 35s is stuffing the wells. Even when I ran the stock 30s i rubbed on the underside of the fender. That is stock tho. I just dont have any personal hands on or direct experience with long arms at all, let alone what fits where when the thing is fully flexed out. I will more than likely get the bigger tires, but ill probably keep the 32s until i can regear w/ lockers. Im only on the stock 3.73. I cant imagine 35s would work well with that ratio. Thanks for your input jason 4x4 , this is why im here. As for the lift, i have double checked all the parts are there, i am ordering a complete hardware kit tho, just for piece of mind. All the other pieces are in great shape tho. Im definately not a compulsive buyer, i research like mad before i buy. but with my limited hands on, it helps to talk to other people. And unfortunately, the crowd i run with arent quite on the same page. I will keep updating, more than likely on the builds section.

So questions, how much differently does the long arm wheel? What about the tri link rear end? Worth having? Downsides?

The gearing issue with larger 35" or larger tires is a valid point. I myself am running 32" tires on 5.25" lift (4" suspension 1.25" body) until I can afford bigger tires so I certainly understand the budget issues. I don't have any personal experience with long arm lifts myself, but good luck with the install. Let us know how it goes.

i most certainly will! it promises to be a fun task.

Back