79 carb

Aaron S

i have rebuilt the old carb and it doesnt work very well. I am wondering whata good carb replacement may be? i have read the carter isnt very good on these. some people say motor craft 2100? not sure which route to go.

We just Put the motercraft 2100 on this wagon... Got it on eBay ...it's a factory reman... Ran ok but I was miffed because it didn't run great ! Then once I got all the vacuum leaks stopped it finally ran like its suppose to .... But that could be at least part of the problem. Hope this helps... I think we found it by searching for a motercraft 2100 for jeep 360 :)

Attachments

• image-376615386.jpg
    image-376615386.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 232
I like my motorcraft 2100. If you have a v8 make sure you get one for a v8. Also make sure it's not an intake leak that's causing you problems. They give some of the same symptoms.

I had to rebuild my carb (holley) twice. I used the wrong gasket and had problems with the carb base gasket sealing.

I also had an intake leak got rid of plastic heat shield and used only one gasket this stopped the back fire into intake :)

Back