'88 oil leak (spraying)

i fully agree with dingus' friend and everyone. the jeep had been sitting around in the same place and wasn't being driven when i noticed it for sale. when i asked him why there wasn't any oil he just shrugged, so he went back in to his store, and i started investigating. there are no knocks or taps or any weird noises, and based on what i told him after i found out the problem, he then started to act like he knew there was a problem, and that they kept putting oil into it, which in my opinion is why he is selling it. the transmission runs strong and everything else checks out, so i will ask him what he wants now he knows the problem and we will go from there. new timing chain/ timing chain cover, oil pan, rear and front seals would cost me about 880 bucks to have done. ( i will suggest the new gears if he hasnt already priced that in there)[addsig]

If your looking to replace the engine I know a guy in Massachusetts who has an entire 88 striped down and for sale the engine is a 4.0 ho in excellent condition but may need a rear freeze plug that seeps a little bit. He wants $250 for the engine and has everything front suspension to body parts also. If interested I can give you his phone numbers..........Bullet
Bullet3600@Yahoo.com[addsig]

Back