91 YJ oil pressure problem

Vasily

I am seeing a spray of oil coming out of my dipstick and spraying everything on that side of my engine.
A suggestion I took from the board said to test the flow out of the openings in the valve cover.
The airflow from PCV to air filter is out toward the air filter. I just replaced the old valve a few months back because it failed. The other outlet on the side of cover (driver side) is pulling air into the intake manifold.
Are the valves directional? Could I have gotten a valve working in the wrong direction?
Could this be the problem?
HELP! :roll:

There is a residual amount of oil on the top of the air filter. I replaced the CSV valve a few months ago because it had completely failed. If the outlet on the valve cover is suppose to bring air in, it isn't. What could I check or replace?
The intake manifold is doing its thing. It is pulling air from the valve cover to the manifold.

Help :| :shock:

I had oil in my filter and cleaned all the hoses and connections out with carb cleaner, then made sure all vaccum connections were tight and correctly routed. Fixed it.

I have a 91 yj 5sp 4.0, my guage reads 80 all the time, I hooked up a mechanical, at idle it reads 50 at 2000 rpm 75. Is this too high? Possible causes?

Thanks.

life_amateur said:
I have a 91 yj 5sp 4.0, my guage reads 80 all the time, I hooked up a mechanical, at idle it reads 50 at 2000 rpm 75. Is this too high? Possible causes?

Thanks.

Well I can not be of to much help on this one but it is my understanding it is not high oil pressure that causes the problems in a motor but rather to low. If there is not a problem in you engin that seem oil related it is not anything to worry about. I personaly think you have nothing to worry about. tug

Back