92 Sahara Clutch Question?

sglab

I just bought a 92 Jeep Sahara 6cyl. Drove if for about two days, everything worked fine. Now it will not go into gear without major force! When it is in gear it with not change gears. When parked it will not go into any gear except reverse, and this takes major force. Am i looking at a clutch replacement, and if so are there any good ones i should consider? Thank you for your time and your help in advance. (Manuel Transmission, just in case)

If it was a clutch disc issue, it would have given you at least a slipping concern. If it just all of a sudden won't shift into gear, i would have to think it would be the clutch and or master cylinder thats at fault. As for the brand of clutch, Hays makes a good set of Clutch kits.

Ok, did some basic checks. This is what i got. It will go into gear when it is not turned on. But as soon as you turn it on nothing. Any help would be great. I bought this as a toy for the summer and to attempt to become a bit more adept at fixing these types of things.

I would start with the hydraulic section. if im not mistaken, the slave cylinder is inside with the Throwout bearing. I think Bounty_Hunter mentioned before that there's a bleeder valve on the opening at the bell housing. Make sure the clutch master cylinder reservoir is full with DOT3 approved fluid. bleed the lines and see if that makes a difference. If not, you probbably need to replace the slave cylinder. If i were you, i would replace both the master and slave cylinders for a worry free hydraulic clutch for several years.

Back