95 axles

Sounds like you're gonna b busy. When ever u go to do that mayb u can post some info on that thanx for all the info

That is what we have been discussing I was thinkin bout the waggy 44 but I do lik the high pinion cause of my SOA. I'm kinda curiouse on how much needs to b cut off of ford H.P. 44 on each side to make waggy shafts work and a round about price

The people I know that cut them down only cut the passenger side so you only have to replace one shaft and so you still have some tube left on the driver side. Just stay away from the cast wedge versions from 78-79 or you'll have to replace the tube on both sides.

I've been wondering bout that if I could only cut the one side, now I'm sure if I do cut just one side, then waggy axles aren't gonna work right? I would have to have a custom axle made? Or can it be cut down to fit the waggy long side shaft and then just have 1 of each axle shafts, I really don't want to have custom shafts, my opinion to many down sides to custom shafts

Another guestion just thought of, since I'm gonna b loomin for a ford front what's the bolt pattern, and what would have a ford9" in it that would b close to 60"s? mustang, or maybe some other type of car?

If you only cut one side, then you use one Waggy shaft and one shaft from the housing you're using, no custom shafts. I'm not familiar with only cutting one side.

That's what I was thinkin, I'm gonna have to make a trip to the junk yards and do some measureing. Now if I only cut one side down to a waggy long side length, how does that affect where the center section sits?

If you shorten only the long side to Waggy length, it will move the differential towards center slightly and give you more room on the driver's side axletube for the spring perch.

That's what I was thinkin, is that gonna have a bad effect on my front drive shaft? Sorry for so many questions but I am just trying to make right choice for my jeep, if I can do this now befor engine, and drivetain is done it will b easier, and save me trouble later on out on the trails..... Thank u for ur info

It shouldn't be centered enough to cause any issues, you just want to double-check driveshaft clearance at the oilpan and exhaust.

Ok thanks that's what I was wondering about I'll have to get one and try to line it up where the drivers side tire needs to be and go from there thanks again

not sure what ford axle you are looking to shorten, if you use a F250 axle from 77-81, you can re-use the factory cast spring perch, shorten the pass. side to fit a waggy shaft and you will be at about a stock waggy wideth, IIRC you will be about 1.5" wider than a stock waggy, there will not be any clearence issues with the frame or motor assuming you have a stock motor.

If you are using a F150 D44, you could simply run the coils with radius arms instead of trying to horse around with radius arm mounts if they are cast.

So that would put it at about 64" wheel mount-wheel mount? I haven't looked around yet for a ford axle so I will make sure I look for f250

Hey guys I just had a interesting question pop in my head as I'm trying to explain this to my girlfriend(cause she asked) , If I only cut one side to fit the waggy axle shaft, ain't I goin to have 2 different bolt patterns on front axle????

Hey guys I just had a interesting question pop in my head as I'm trying to explain this to my girlfriend(cause she asked) , If I only cut one side to fit the waggy axle shaft, ain't I goin to have 2 different bolt patterns on front axle????
The inner axle shaft does not affect your wheel lug pattern. You can use whichever outer hub pattern you choose, as long as it works with your knuckle and spindle setup.

not sure what ford axle you are looking to shorten, if you use a F250 axle from 77-81, you can re-use the factory cast spring perch, shorten the pass. side to fit a waggy shaft and you will be at about a stock waggy wideth, IIRC you will be about 1.5" wider than a stock waggy, there will not be any clearence issues with the frame or motor assuming you have a stock motor.
Will the extra width be on the driver's side if you keep the short side Ford shaft and use the OEM cast spring perch? Seems to me the axle wouldn't be centered.

Back