'95 YJ Heater Blower Controls...

Sine Deviance

'95 YJ Rio Grande. The blower for the heater works but only in the full-on '3' position. The '1' and '2' positions don't work. I googled this problem but all I got was a bunch of confusing stuff talking about a resistor block and what I gathered is that it would be easier to just replace the blower motor? It's not a life or death problem but I'm trying to get it so that everything works the way it should in my YJ. Took me three months to get around to changing the sender for the temp gauge so I'm hoping this will be an easy/cheap fix :D

Can anyone shed any light on this? Sorry but I know next to nothing about my blower and the Haynes manual doesn't help for this problem. Thanks!

'95 YJ Rio Grande. The blower for the heater works but only in the full-on '3' position. The '1' and '2' positions don't work. I googled this problem but all I got was a bunch of confusing stuff talking about a resistor block and what I gathered is that it would be easier to just replace the blower motor? It's not a life or death problem but I'm trying to get it so that everything works the way it should in my YJ. Took me three months to get around to changing the sender for the temp gauge so I'm hoping this will be an easy/cheap fix :D

Can anyone shed any light on this? Sorry but I know next to nothing about my blower and the Haynes manual doesn't help for this problem. Thanks!

um the blower resister is like 15$ way cheaper then a blower motor, it sits out in the open on the heater housing, right next to the fresh air vent door down by your feet, if not that... the 3 way switch on the hvac controls is gone bad. still like 10-15$ both should take 10 mins each. i replaced both of mine on my 95" 2 years ago...

um the blower resister is like 15$ way cheaper then a blower motor, it sits out in the open on the heater housing, right next to the fresh air vent door down by your feet, if not that... the 3 way switch on the hvac controls is gone bad. still like 10-15$ both should take 10 mins each. i replaced both of mine on my 95" 2 years ago...

Ok, thanks.

Back