95 yj..????

RViteri

My parents just bought me a 95 Jeep Wrangler for graduating high school. How do I know when it is a sport or shara or rubicomn for example..I just want to know any info about it. I know it is is like 2.4L and V4...I have been told thats really weak..is there any way to enforce it?
Can i make somehting good out of this jeep? more strenght? speed?
PLEASE help me out..thanks!

I dont think rubi's came with a 4 banger.Rubi has alot of other options also like lockers.

Sahara will have matching color fender flares instead of plain black.

As far as the motor nothing wrong with it.Do some searches in these forums and you will find tons of mods to do that will help the horsepower some.

This site may help also on what you have

http://jeep.avtograd.ru/VIN/vin_en.asp

I used to have a 95 4 cyl YJ. I put a 3.5" lift, Micky thompson tires, Detroit lockers in the rear and lock rights front, bikini top and windjammer, flowmaster exhaust and cold air intake. That little sucker was SICK. If you do all that to it, be careful where you point it cause it's probably gonna make it! I agree, not a thing wrong with a four banger. Your parents did good.:shock:

Take it out to Anza Barrego Desert . . . you'll like it.

How do I know when it is a sport or shara or rubicomn for example..I just want to know any info about it. I know it is is like 2.4L and V4...I have been told thats really weak..is there any way to enforce it?
It's an inline 4, not a v4. Also, it's probably a 2.5 AMC engine from the looks of Jeep Tech Pages and the ever true wikipedia. I don't think there were any YJ Rubicons.

Anyways, the way I look at it, a YJ is a YJ. My CJ7 is some type of limited run deal, but it's just a CJ7... you know? My "Limited" CJ7 came with a bunch of chrome. I took all that off because it looked queer.

Congratulations on the Jeep, too. Like the others said, nothings wrong with your 4 cylinder. Plus, it was a free Jeep. If I got a free YJ with a Geo Metro 3cyl, I'd be glad. :lol:

It's likely a S model or SE, as the Rubicon package was never offered in a YJ and the Sahara had the 4.0L engine. Many '95 2.5L YJ's were the Rio Grande package but not all.

I have a '95 4banger as well, they're good jeeps.

Thanx bro..appreciate the help...by any chance, do u happen to have a pic of your yj? I'd kike to have a few ideas of what could be done to it... Im more chill now that I know it is not that big of a deal now..Thanks!

Thanks everyone for ur response..it all makes a lot more sense now..Im going to put some work in it..and let u all now..
Rv

you got a jeep for graduating high school?

Just to be clear, you got something for doing pretty much what you were supposed to do??? The future look bad.. very bad...

JK, have fun with it.

my 95 sport has a 2.5, cause they were out of 4.0 even the window sticker says it.. so it could be a sport???

as to make it better,

just
empty
every
pocket....

Rubicon didn't come out until 2003 in the TJs. As for when the Saharas or Sports came out, I have no info on that. You might google some info on the years.:)

you got a jeep for graduating high school?

Just to be clear, you got something for doing pretty much what you were supposed to do??? The future look bad.. very bad...

JK, have fun with it.

Maybe his parents just wanted him to drive a Jeep, and used the graduate thing as an excuse...sounds like something I would do! :shades:

maybe, When I graduated High School, I got a big hug from my mom and a swift kick in the arse to move out from my dad.

My jeep is a 94 Sport SE from 93-95, the Sport SE was only a 4.0 and 5 spd and was best know for the ghay splash stickers down the side. the regular sport from 93-05 was a 2.5 with an optional 4.0. It was also know strickly as the S model in some areas.

The rio grande was a sahara trim level with a 2.5

Prior to 93 I am not sure on the models, they changed the names every couple years.

theres not a damn thing wrong with a 4 cyl. YJ! as long as it's geared correctly you've got nothing to worry about. my 4 cyl. yj keeps up with the 6 cyl. tj's every time.

Your parents were VERY wise to buy you a jeep. Hopefully, when you run it into something, it will hurt the something more than you.

As for things you can do to it, I have a 93 YJ. 3in lift, 33 in tires, American racing outlaw rims. It turns heads EVERYWHERE I go.

Furthermore, there is a very select group of really fun women, who LOVE Jeeps. Ive met a few in my life. Never met one I didn't like. So if your wondering, YES your jeep is in fact a babe magnet.

Furthermore, there is a very select group of really fun women, who LOVE Jeeps. Ive met a few in my life. Never met one I didn't like.

why thanks Mark.:redface: And yes Jeeps do attract women. I NEVER let one pass me without looking especially when there's a Jeep guy inside.

yeah i agree jeeps do attract women, but you've got to admit there is nothing hotter than a hot woman driving a JEEP herself! I've seen quite a few of them lately.

yeah i agree jeeps do attract women, but you've got to admit there is nothing hotter than a hot woman driving a JEEP herself! I've seen quite a few of them lately.

yep, all you guys stare @ my hottie when she drives mine... lol

before adding anything learn how to drive it dont put all that bling as you kids call it till you had it a while after learning how your jeep drives 6 months to a year than look into upgrades cjs, tjs, yjs, ect handle differently than a car learn how the jeep rides and handles so you dont roll it and kill yourself discuss with a fellow jeep owner on pros and cons of certain upgrades lift wheels eng upgrade ect your a kid you cant afford to do big steps all at once take it slow save your money than slowly invest it in improvments dont rush it do it right and dont waist money on the garbage if you listen to what Im telling you you will build a nice jeep in time without cleaning out your pockets and always do your homework when buying parts for better deals shop around but get quality not the no name stuff that falls apart in a week in long run you will be a more happy jeeper than a broke one with no jeep been there done that 30 + years ago now I own a 54 cj3b with over 20,000 invested and still dipping in my pocket but cause everyone especialy me knows I built it with my own 2 hands and all the best top of the line goodies are going in knowing this jeep someday will belong to my son and than his son ;)

yeah tow_hook your exactly right thats why i try not to let my wife drive mine all that often! she looks a little too good in it.

I dont "Let my wife" do anything. She does whatever the heck she wants to do. However, lucky for me, she has not interest in driving my Jeep. She does giggle every time she rides in it though.. The bouncing makes her laugh.

Back