97 zj front end vibration?

shep231982

I have a 97 zj with the 5.2 and quadratrac. When I am at freeway speeds and I have my foot off the throttle I have this vibration coming from my front end. It immediatly subsides when I put my foot back on the throttle. Is this a ujoint or something more major like a wheel or diff bearing? The other problem is the coolant sensor. When I bought it the man said he had the sensor replaced yet everytime I drive it at some point the BAD COOLANT SENSOR code gets thrown for a bit then goes right back off. Anybody else have this problem. It is getting really annoying.

Welcome to the Z. As for the vibration, the fact that it improves when you're on the throttle leads me to believe it's definitely in the drivetrain. You should have CV joints in the front driveshaft and maybe even at the front wheels, that would be the first place I would look. Also check out the ujoints in the rear driveshaft.

Grab both pinion yokes and shake them, looking for lateral play. Could be bad pinion bearings.

mine was doing the same thing check the front Suspension i hade to tighen up a lose brace
as for the coolin light have you tried to replace it i would try that i but a new sencor in mine and haveent had any problems

Back