97 ZJ (Lift Question

PennStateJeep

Had a question about my ZJ. I have a '97 that is completely stock except for the stereo system and 30" General Grabber AT2's that were just put on.

I'm looking to put some kind of lift on it, not more than 4".

Just wondering whats the best kind and cheapest as I am a college student

Thanks!!

there are several buget boost lifts. they are normally around 2" they use poly spacers between your stock springs and the body. they cost from 200 to 250 dollars

tera flex, rustys offroad are two that come to mind right off hand. but pretty much any lift manufacture makes some kind of buget boosts for jeeps. i ran the tera flex kit on my xj for about 2 years. it has the same spacers in the front as you will have at all 4 corners.

Depends on the budget you have set aside. With any suspension height change, you'll want to replace the shocks with longer ones than the stockers, so factor another $150-$300 into your budget, depending on which shocks you want.

The poly spacers go between the spring and the body, and are the least expensive way to go. They will set you up with around 2" or so worth of lift over what you CURRENTLY have. If your coil springs have sagged a bit, which they do over the years, you'll not get 2-full inches greater than stock, you'll get 2-full inches greater than you have right now, which might be as much as 1" less than stock height, depending on how much your springs have sagged.

If you have more than 80k on the Jeep, you may want to consider getting replacement coils, rather than the poly spacers. They run a bit more both in cost and in shipping, but, they will give you a true amount of lift versus the factory ride-height.

Let me know if you have any add'l questions.

Thanks,
KevinF

Is there something that I can buy just with everything included, or do I have to buy it seperately like you're talking about?

My Zj has about 120K on it, so it has definately sagged a bit! haha

Is there something that I can buy just with everything included, or do I have to buy it seperately like you're talking about?

My Zj has about 120K on it, so it has definately sagged a bit! haha

It's available in package form, which would include springs and shocks, from several variant companies. We can assist you also, if you like: 602-841-3355 . Ask for Bryant.

Thanks,
Kevin

Back