Accessory panel

JTR0569

I want to add an additional fuse panel in my '89 yj for stero, winch, gps, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to put it, where to find one, if this is even a good idea. I plan on adding an additional optimum battery sometime in the future too. Any and all suggestions welcome..............THanks in advance.

Best way? Just pull one of the under-dash fuseblocks out of any car you find in a junkyard. Mount it somewhere and wire up the fuse slots you need, disregard the rest. Then insert fuses. Simple. I did a mod exactly like this in my first car. It was a 60's classic and didn't have a very big fuseblock to begin with. I pulled the fuseblock out of a Honda Civic; it was one of the small blocks that used the mini-J type fuses. I wanted it to be compact.

They also make in-line fuses, but I'm sure you already knew that :D

Thank you both for your suggestions. I went to the 12 volt guy website and I think I will get in touch with him after seeing some of his custom fab work.

I just bought a marine panel from eBay and put it under the hood on the firewall; it has 6 ports and carries spares inside. You can somewhat see it in these pics; it's behind the battery (there are 2 boxes there; the left one is the fan controller and the right one is the fuse box), and you can see the yellow and red cables going into it... It's the one with the clear plastic cover.

DSC00494-1.jpg

Back