ahahahahahahahah what????

jeeptjon37's

ok,
i was just on the raceline wheels website. the price amazed me. $$720 per wheel!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::shock::shock::crazy::crazy::?| for five that $3600! Who would pay that when you can get better ones for a quarter of the price!

:cookout::party::cookout::party::cookout::party:

phatrandy said:
Priced like that you don't get them muddy

At that price you don't buy em! Did anybody notice the justin beiber (my daughters big fan) proactive sign? This is a jeep forum! If we have pimples we go to our local off road spot and take a mud bath!! Not buy some stupid $50 thing.

not exactly sure where you found that price, the raceline beadlocks generally start at around $250 and run up to about $600 per wheel, never seen them at $720, not saying you didn't see that, but probably is a vendors huge markup.

Yes your spending 2-3 grand for wheels, but they are probably the last wheels you buy, they are built off of modified Allied wheels which are pretty much indestructable. Last year at KOH, one competitor blew the spare tire a little over half way through the race, he finished the race on a tireless rim, thats at least 50 miles of desert racing and rock crawling on nothing but a rim, most wheels would have disinigrated one mile in.

If you are building a high-dollar comp buggy, you will want high dollar wheels.

not exactly sure where you found that price, the raceline beadlocks generally start at around $250 and run up to about $600 per wheel, never seen them at $720, not saying you didn't see that, but probably is a vendors huge markup.

Yes your spending 2-3 grand for wheels, but they are probably the last wheels you buy, they are built off of modified Allied wheels which are pretty much indestructable. Last year at KOH, one competitor blew the spare tire a little over half way through the race, he finished the race on a tireless rim, thats at least 50 miles of desert racing and rock crawling on nothing but a rim, most wheels would have disinigrated one mile in.

If you are building a high-dollar comp buggy, you will want high dollar wheels.
:yeah-that: just my $0.02

I equate it to the walker evens wheels, when they first came out, they were about $500 a piece, they have since come down, but they are extremely popular wheels, people buy them.
Raceline is a fairly newer company to the extreme offroad wheel business. the amount of research and design that goes into making a very strong, very light wheel that can take constant abuse will cost you money. I fi was building a $100,000 light weight buggy, why would I not put these (or similar) wheels on it.

Back