Air conditioner/heater air not redirecting

01jeepgc

Hello, we have an 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee with about 125,000 on it. Recently when we adjust the air controls to anything but the defraust nothing changes. The only place the air (cold or warm) comes out is the long defraust vent in the middle of the dash and the two little defraust for the side windows. What could be causing that? Is it a mechanical part or maybe an electronic module that controls that.

Thanks for any help.
Mark

I can't confirm this on a Grand Cherokee, but my Wrangler (and before that my Ranger, and before that my F-150) were all operated by vaccumee. It may be as simply as a hose that came off, or a leak in the system. Duct tape usually fixes it! I just bought my TJ 4 days ago and I got it cheap beause it had the same problem...I fixed it in two second!

Thanks for the info. What part would be the most likely culprit? That way I can look it up and replace if need be.

On my wrangler a hose on the engine kept popping off. I'd notice that I only had defrost, then eventually my check engine light would come on. The fix for me was just to push the hose back on.

Back