Airing Down....

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper

...for those of you that air down when crawling around like lizards on a hot rock. :roll: (ok...very feeble attempt at humor). What pressure do you run? Does this pressure have to do with the size of your tires and rims?

OK...lets look at my set-up...I have 36x14.50x15 mounted on 15x10 rims(no beadlocks).

What would you guys recommend airing down too? <AVG>

What would you recommend as the absolute MINIMUM psi?

RE: Heard of this Winch?

I run 10 - 12 on real rocky stuff. But 12 - 15 on a regular trail with some rocks and hills. 35 pounds on the road.

RE: 1995 Jeep Wrangler s 2.5l...Fuel Injection or carb?

I run between 8-12 with my bias-ply swampers, and 15-18 with my radial swampers. I generally keep radials at 18 offroad, much less felt like they were gonna roll off the rim. You can run a lot less with bias-ply tires due to the stiffer sidewalls.

safari bikini,duster,deck cover

I ran 20 psi last time out. I think I shouldv'e gone a bit lower but I'm afraid to with an 8" wheel and a 9.70" tire. It's what the stock Rubi has but it's still a wide wheel for that size tire.

I wouldn't go below 15 if you have to drive a good distance to an air source to fill them back up ;) It's going to be hard on the mudders' tread blocks anyway but worse the lower you go.

15-18 with my radial swampers
Yes my TSL's are Radials.
I wouldn't go below 15 if you have to drive a good distance to an air source to fill them back up

I have 12V air I carry with me.....alittle better system than those noise makers that take 30 min to pump a standard tire to 32 psi......but not much better. I haven't tried it but I am guessing it would take about 20 min per tire to air up to 35psi on my 36's.

Thanks GUY'S for all the input! :D

RE: Paragon area lodging

You only need around 22-25psi to safely get to a fast air source. Anything lower generates a lot of heat, which is hard on tires and dangerous.

This is ABSOLUTELY NUTS!

I have been running 11-12 psi for rocky and trail. I only have to drive a mile on pavement to the nearest air source though.

If you had the bias ply 12.50s, I'd say 10psi and you'd be fairly safe. The radials are going to need a little more pressure to stay seated.....maybe start with *15psi and adjust from there.

*You should have went with 8" wide wheels, then you could drop it all the way down to 14psi..... :lol:

Back