another request for pics

pizaba

alright,

so for my birthday, my wife got me a hi-lift jack with a "off-road" base plate. now i know these things can be put pretty much anywhere on the jeep. my request is for you to post what you like w/ pics and reasons. also if you could post a link to where i could buy the mounts.

i'm really up in the air about where i want it. i like the idea of inside and outside of the cab. there was one that i think i may be leaning towards, its the one that has the mounts on the tailgate (i think). i was it once but can't find it anymore.

basically, i'm looking for a pros and cons of all the possible spots i could put it.

and go.

My YJ has the angled 'kiddie bars' in the back. When I get my Hi-Lift I'm gonna mount it on the upper part of the sport bar. It will basically sit right above the front of the rear passenger seat.

Between the rollbar uprights over the tailgate area, out of the way and out of the weather so it works when you need it most. Can be attached with muffler clamps or fence post clamps like the below pics.

Attachments

• hilift.jpg
    hilift.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 354
  • HiLiftMountclamp.jpg
    HiLiftMountclamp.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 610
Last edited by a moderator:
Between the rollbar uprights over the tailgate area, out of the way and out of the weather so it works when you need it most. Can be attached with muffler clamps or fence post clamps like the below pics.
hilift-1.jpg

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
Can you show how the other end is attached?

Bounty,
That's a great way to mount it. I've seen them there before, but not with that hardware. I'm gonna do that.

Jared:
If you mount it there, would it obstruct your vision out the rear view mirror? I'd also worry about people hitting their heads on it if they ever rode in the back.

Hey bounty hunter thanks for both pic's great idea and cheaper then the one they sale for $30.

Bounty,
Jared:
If you mount it there, would it obstruct your vision out the rear view mirror? I'd also worry about people hitting their heads on it if they ever rode in the back.

Well, it'll be mounted forward on the kiddie bars which will place it right around the highest point of the rollbar. It will basically be hanging out right under the soft top and right beside the main rollbar hoop. It will be high enough that it will not obstruct vision. As for passengers... I rarely have anyone ride in the back and when I do I'll just make sure to tell em' it's there. It will be mounted close enough to the rollbar hoop that most people should be able to duck for the rollbar and miss it.

Back