Any hardcore fishermen on here?

KrazyJeeper

Ok, guys and gals, this is killing me. Both our our lakes are around 40 feet above pool and one lake is totally closed while the other has one maybe two ramps open. We have to actually launch from the roads. I fish for crappie, hybrids and strippers so if anyone is having any luck in Texas and their lakes are close to normal, post up brother, I need a fix. Thanks, KJ

You gotta come on over to the Pacific Coast....80 lb (if you're lucky) spring salmon out here. Nothing better than sittin back with some good friends, drinking a beer or 10 and if you catch something, it's a bonus.

Craig, I wish I could. Too much rain here right now and we are getting pounded with more. My sister in law lives in Seattle and I kind of like it around that area, but have tried to get stationed there for many years with no luck. I have been trying to get stationed up in Alaska also but once again, no luck. I used to fish for steelhead on the smith river in oregon and that was a blast also. Maybe one day, one can only hope.

Are you guys fishing from the bank or boat?
Both. Boats fishing is much better though. We go over to Vancouver Island sometimes to a warf built specifically for fishing that goes 1/2 mile out into the ocean....saves money on gas. I like ocean fishing the best because it's like a surprise every time, you never know what you're gonna get. Could be a 5 lb salmon or an 80 lb ling cod.

!0,000 + lakes up here in Minnesota. I work part time at a hunting and fishing outfitters. I fish at least 2 times a week. (untill the baby is born) yesterday morning got 23 bass. Only 2 or 3 over 3lbs. Walleye, Northern, Crappie and bass up here are easy to find. I still like to Ice fish more than anything!

You guys have crappie and bass in minn? I thought it would be too cold up there. Whats the average lake record for both?

I don't know what the average lake record is but the state bass is 8lb 15oz and crappie is 5lb. Crappies are everywhere up here virtical jigging or casting for them. There are around 100 really good bass lakes. One close to where I live has been stocked around 8 years ago and in 5 more years will become a tournament lake.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/staterecords.html

Thats a big crappie, I think the lake record where I live is 4 lbs and change.
You need to come to texas and try and wrangle one of our hybrids. They fight well.

Back