Anyone made a homemade Bikini?

mx racer 904

Just wondering if anyone has done this...

Did it turn out good?

Can you point me to the thread?

I was thinking of using pleather doubled over and thin metal stock on either end and maybe each side....

I have done it, used a couple hankerchiefs, but with my hairy chest it really doen't look very appealing, looked better on my wife.

Well it doesn't say for a jeep anywhere, so I assumed.

At least I didn't post picsof the bikini top... Heck the bottome was pretty impressive too, looked like I was smuggling a banana and some plums..

OK a plantane and two small grapes

That was funny!:rofl:

Anyway I was thinking about doing this too, because no one makes a bikini top that fits from a YJ cage to a CJ windshield. They all seem to use the YJ side post that go from the windshield to the cage for support. Since I do not use them, I am out of luck with buying one.

That was funny!:rofl:

Anyway I was thinking about doing this too, because no one makes a bikini top that fits from a YJ cage to a CJ windshield. They all seem to use the YJ side post that go from the windshield to the cage for support. Since I do not use them, I am out of luck with buying one.

LOL, i'm still laughing. I think the traditional CJ bikini top will work for you. All you need is the footmans loop on the rear tub.

correct.. Or just weld in some nuts and put YJ spreaders and rear cage in there.

"spreaders"

do they go length wise or across?

what i was thinking of doing was....

I have this roll of black pleather(black plastic leather with a fabric mesh backing)...

is it wide enuff to go across the whole jeep....

fold it in half with the fold over the cage....

stick a rope from one side to other...

I have a peice of 1/16" x 1" flat stock I was going to wrap the pleather around and screw it to the windshield frame....

maybe inside run a few ropes from flat stock back to the rope that goes across...then tie rope to cage and tighten to make it taught....

I also have the YJ rear cage in it. I tried and it does not fit right.

If the straps are lined up with the rear bar and the straps can't get the optimum stretch , relocate the footman loop to the top of the rear bar.

If you make your own and use the metal make sure you fold over the sides so there is no sharp edges that will cut thru your material.

Back