Anyone with a JK soft top leak?

I have a 2006 and just about a month ago I noticed I had a leak. I searched until I found where it was leaking from. The seam where the velcro pole cover was sewn to the top had a hole where one thread went through that was stretched at the end into a pretty good sized pin hole. I bought some waterproof patch good for auto and marine use at Ace Hardware in the glues section. I dabbed some on and spread it out on the inside and it cured and fixed the leak for now.

I have a 2006 and just about a month ago I noticed I had a leak. I searched until I found where it was leaking from. The seam where the velcro pole cover was sewn to the top had a hole where one thread went through that was stretched at the end into a pretty good sized pin hole. I bought some waterproof patch good for auto and marine use at Ace Hardware in the glues section. I dabbed some on and spread it out on the inside and it cured and fixed the leak for now.

My 05 is doing the same thing in the same spot on the driver side AND the passenger side as well. I was wondering how I might fix it.

The product is called Performix VLP by plastidip.com - made in the usa. Was under 5 dollars at Ace Hardware. Says its Stronger than original vinyl, use on all vinyl, leather and fabric, weather resistant, waterproof formula wont become stiff or brittle and resists yellowing. :)

I was thinking of getting a soft top for my 09 Sahara, I have the Freedom tops, but now not so much after reading about the leaks.

I am so glad I have a YJ. My soft top only leaks in torrential downpours...

Sucks for you guys and gals. Hope you manage to get them all fixed :(

Back