Automatic 2 wheel drive Wrangler?!?!?!?!

ZBTstang

Was up at Good ol Jiffy Lube getting my differentials and transfer case fluid changed. One of the guys started talking Jeeps with me, how he was thinking of getting one, test drove a few, etc. He started to laugh real hard and told me the dealer (unfortunatly the same place I bought mine, they screwed me, but anyways...) offered him a special on a jeep that someone had special ordered and didnt pick up... It was a '03 Wrangler Automatic 2 wheel drive! He laughed at the dealer! First off, who in their right mind would buy a jeep wrangler 2 wheel drive! Automatic I would make fun of, but I could like with that, but 2 wheel drive! I dont even understand the logic behind it! Why would anyone specifficly order a jeep that didnt have the 4 wheel drive option?! Even if its strictly a road jeep, there are times when you deffinitly need 4wd...and this is CT so they couldnt be planning it just for that. And if this was a jeep they were only going to use in nice weather than it seems this jeep would be more of a weekend warriors toy, and wouldnt you take it offroad... sorry about ranting about this, I just really cant understand this.....

That would be like ordering a C5 vette with a V6 becuase you only drive on the weekend.

I cant stand when people ask me if my Jeep is four wheel drive. Of course it is! I just cant believe that someone would think or would want a two wheel drive only jeep wrangler.

Anyone out there have a lead on a three wheel drive jeep? I prefer that it is lowered, with 22's and dubs. Represent.

Sort of, 2wd isnot a option for wranglers purchased in America. other parts of the world do infact have 2 wd TJ's, they also have diesel TJ's most are found in central america and europe.

I heard they are going to start making the postal Jeeps again but I am not sure if it will be called a wrangler, but it is 2wd

if you ask me... a 2wd wrangler would just be retarded... i agree.. it would be like a v6 c5

mingez

Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 12:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone out there have a lead on a three wheel drive jeep? I prefer that it is lowered, with 22's and dubs. Represent.

[ ] l l l l l l [ ]

____________________________________________________________________________________

Now THAT POST was quite a laugh for me. LOL I needed it, thank you Mingez. Who da heck would want a 2wd Jeep. Insaneness.

Lady

yeah 2wd in a Jeep makes absolutely no sense to me. I know that you can order a right hand drive TJ in the states now for postal carrying, but they are still 4wd. Oh and I did hear that Jeep is going to offer a diesel in the KJ starting next year

I know 2wd on a jeep isnt a standard option, but you could go to a dealer and have them order just about anything, specially made (within limits), if you can provide the funds.

cheap parts

Now THAT POST was quite a laugh for me. LOL I needed it, thank you Mingez. Who da heck would want a 2wd Jeep. Insaneness.
Lady: now you know Laura from Boston ain't the only one who be doin' stand up in the evenin'!! LOL. :D

Back